There I was, happily threading blocking wires through my Stitchnerds MKAl shawl, when I spotted this:
A dropped stitch! Pulling the wet knitting this way and that as I added the wires meant that the dropped stitch morphed into this hole.
I tried to fix it. First attempt was a disaster. I threw it in the bin (waste paper bin, not the food bin!). Took it out an hour later to have another go. Well, long story short the hole grew, until it had ran down the whole tail. Just near the increase edge, of course. So no more shawl :( It was a quick knit, took 80g of yarn, and I wasn't going to spend more hours trying to fix it. Bleurgh.
At least the socks are progressing. Both legs and heels done now.
And Stripetastic is growing, slowly.
I'm finally on the next colour!
Sunday was spent looking on ravelry at various cardigan patterns, And getting a few bins of garment stash out. I've decided on cotton, and want to get this done whilst it's still summer. but I'm using Rowan's Fine Milk Cotton, which is a fine 4ply! Luckily I knit cotton at a terribly loose tension, and I've chosen a pattern similar to Vitamin D. It's by the same designer, but with shorter sleeves 9I don't have much of this cotton in stash). I reckon it's going to be a looong knitting journey. The rows get super long and they're in stocking sttich, with some lace detail. Hopefully this will be fairly mindless knitting, and I'll be able to watch tv to alleviate any WIP boredom.
I'm sticking to these three WIPs for the moment, and trying to wrok on each one at least every other evening. Ther'll be less progress on individual projects, but this way none will be neglected!