September has flown by! We're definitely into Autumn now!
So, how did I do in September?
1) Mr C's DK socks. Done!
2) Ganny's Favourite baby cardigan. Done!
3) Fine Sands cardigan. Done! Not blogged yet though.
Start and Finish
4) Stitchnerd's September KAL. Done!
5) Some more DK socks. Wellllll. Done, but not a success. I'm going to run out of yarn. I made the silly mistake of weighing the last pair, and decided that I did have enough for this pair, without taking into consideration that this is a different yarn with different yardage/gramme!
Then I tried to quickly unwind the centre pull ball from the outside so that I could count the stripes and divide it up - and have a tangle of yarn now, hopelessly knotted. I'm not frogging but I might buy a solid for heels and toes and knit the other sock, see how the striped yarn lasts. B ecasue if I do decide to knit the foot of the first socks (the one with a tangle) I shall have to toss two stripes and maybe will not have enough even with contrasting heels and toes. Harumph. Not frogged, yet.
6) Extra chunky cowl. Done! And finished. Practically instant gratification! Need to blog,
7) I've joined a MKAL. Summertide shawl. I have kept up too!
So, overall, a nice success for September.
I'm really looking forward to October. Ravelry suddenly seems really busy!
Let's see what I can accomplish from this list!
1) Fine Sands cardigan
2) Cause for Envy chunky cowl
3) Summertide MKAL. I thought that there were eight clues, imagine my surprise last night to find that I only have to knit 17 (long) rows and it's done! I WILL KEEP UP!
4) The DK socks on hold from September. Either finish or frog, but don't let them take up needle space after this month.
Start and finish
5) Stitchnerd's October KAL which is either Christmas or just Octoberfest knitting. I'll go for Octoberfest, but there may be some Christmas cowls in there somewhere. I'm still in a cowl knitting phase.
6) More DK socks. Quick knit and I need to get some socks done .
Next month is the annual GAL, where participating designers offer some patterns at a discounted rate. I had mixed feeling about this last year, wondering if we were undermiming the designers. but (from my position at least) I found that I bought more patterns from the ones I liked. So I'll be joining in again this year, which means that I need to knit up some patterns from last year! So
7) Mitts from last year's GAL.
8) More mitts from last year's GAL
Bonus starting (if I have time!)
9) Another cardigan. I want to knit three this year. I'm thinking about a sportweight crdigan, but might decide on a dk or aran...
10) Another shawl. I would have loved to knit the Voodoo Boo knits KAL but thought my current KAL was not finishing until the end of October. I'm not great with joining after the event, so will sit this one out.
Roll on October knitting! Better get a move on!