Oh August, where did it go? Not a complete success, but some knitting was done.
1) So I Gather - done!
2) Grey socks - fail! Who was I kidding? MrC would NEVER wear dark grey socks! So they're frogged.
3) DK socks - success! I've actually finished these, over the rainy Bank Holiday, but MrC was not congenial to sitting outside in inclement weather. The nearest we got was MrC standing outside, in the rain, standing on his Birks. Not great photos.
4) Fine Sands cardigan - success! Not finished, however, but the body is knitted and I've started on the first sleeve. I absolutely loathe Linen Drape. Good job I destashed the rest of it!
Start and Finish
5) Stitchnerds August KAL. Success! Sorta Horta
6) Another Stitchnerds pattern - fail! Just ran out of time.
7) Unplanned - success! I chose a pinkish baby cardigan and finished it over the weekend. Just need to get some daylight (haha!) photos,
So not bad. I'm glad that I frogged the socks, I do dislike having stuff hanging around which I have no love for!
Now on to September.
I'm fond of the Winter/Spring and Summer/Autumn season changes. It's now time to get the wool out again and think of warmer knitting. Plus, September is my busiest month for family birthdays - six - and my parents wedding anniversary! It's the month when I do a bit of stash rearranging, getting out some woolly yarns and putting away the cottons. I've ordered some fresh vacuum bags and moth killer stuff ready for the stash diving!
I do hope to knit as well.
September knitting goals.
1) MrC's DK socks
2) Granny's Favorite baby cardigan
3) Fine Sands cardiga. I don't think that I'll get any wear out of it as summer is disappearing rapidly, but it'll be there for next summer.
Start and finish
4) Stitchnerd's September KAL Back to School. I'm not sure what I'll be knitting yet. This depends on what yarn I discover!
5) More DK socks, probably for my brother
6) Not sure, thinking of a cardigan, in wool
7) Not sure! I'm going to wait and see.
Pretty tame this month, But you never know...