It's the final post for NaBloPoMo! I can't quite believe that I've managed this. My usual frequency of posts is 2-3 per week. I won't say that I've enjoyed it much, there was always the chance that Typepad would go down. Poor Brigid had a monitor failure! I have work and two home computers, so I wasn't too concerned, though posting late at night had me worried about the broadband going down!
So I completed NaBloPoMo.
Not so good on the monthly November knitting goals though.
1) Finish the Bee Fields Shawl. One more repeat to go, though this looks like it may be another challenging pattern. No, not even touched this one. Failure!
2) Work on the Autumn Leaves cardigan. I would like to get as far as the armholes... No, just picked up again last night. Failure!
3) Keep up with the Secret of the Stole. Success! I've finished and blocked this. I need a few outdoor, daylight shots, which will be on next month's list.
4) Finish the Regia Silk socks. Success!
5) Finish my ISE5 pal's scarf. Success!
6) Start, and finish, a baby cardigan. Success!
7) Start something new! Success! A few new things (all finished).
I'm quite pleased, though for months now I've wanted to knit a few more garments. I looked through my shawl patterns (not the books!) and I have a box file crammed full of lace shawls or scarves which have been on my wish list for YEARS. That's not forgetting that each issue of Interweave Knits usually has a couple of things I want to knit - going back years.
So I'm eager to finish off these things by the end of 2007.
My december goals.
1) Take photos of Secret of the Stole. (A tough one this, I have to coordinate camera with natural light, and pray that Chris can manage to get a centred, in focus photo.
2) Finish Bee Fields Shawl
3) Finish Autumn Leaves (gasp!)
4) Finish my plain, Parfait socks.
5) Start a new garment!
6) Knit a beaded baby cardigan (one of Debbie Bliss' patterns, but I'm at work and can't remember which book it's in - one of the recent ones)
7) Do a few strips of the Picnic Blanket (Debbie Abrahams). I really want to join her Mystery Blanket 2008 knitalong but keep this current blanket as an active wip.
Quite a lot of stuff, again. Good job I'm not NaBloMoPo-ing! I also want to try one of the scarves from the new scarf book, maybe knit a small triangular shawl, a pair of fingerless gloves. I'll hold off until something's finished though!
Bye! I'm having a weekend free from blogging. See you Monday!