Hey! I have finally finished this!
I bought buttons a few weeks ago, but have been waiting for daylight. Too much rain and gloom in the early morning or evening, and I went away last weekend when I might have had the opportunity to snap daylight photos.
Tonight there was sufficient daylight left (and no rain!) to get a few outdoor photos.
I just can't get the colours right though! The buttons are bright lime green and perfectly match one of the colours of the background. They're shell buttons, and however many photos I take, they are all reflecting off the buttons, making them appear much lighter than in real life.
This first photo has had the colour enhanced. I was trying to brighten,
without fading, the colours. These are a little too bright!
Pattern: Autumn Cardigan by Ruth Sorenson
Yarn: Kauni Multi Colour bought here.
I used shade EK (greens, lime and yellow) as background.
Shade EG (pink, lilac, wine) as foreground.
Modifications: Just the button bands. The pattern calls for very narrow bands in stocking stitch. I opted for wider, 2x2 ribbed bands.
The yarn is fairly scratchy and uneven, so my knitting isn't perfect, but I think the colour changes more than make up for this. I used a big skein of each, didn't bother with symmetrical colours on each sleeve, but had to chop some of the colours out to make matching i-cord around the edges and sleeves.
This is more representative of the colour, though, believe me, it's brighter!
and a close up of the button band
Whee! Now I'm off to upload the photos to flickr and ravelry.