How did I do?
2) work my January Mystery Blanket squares. Done!
3) Soctopus club package - I want to get a good start on this. Unlikely to finish it, but as the club is alternate months, that's ok. Done! No photos yet, until mid February, when everyone is sure to get their package.
4) knit a garment! Done! Linden!
5) a cowl - the Forest Canopy cowl. Done!
ravelry knitalong groups:
6) start and finish a pair of burgundy socks for SolidSocks. Failed! I tried 3 patterns, then gave up.
7) start a pair of beaded socks for SKA. Done!
Six out of seven goals achieved, and, to be fair, the failure was the equivalent of 3 sock legs. I managed to finish a few pairs of socks which I only intended started, and have made a good start on February's garment. So overall I'm pleased.
February's knitting goals.
1) knit february's Mystery blanket squares. I don't have the yarn yet, but I do have the emailed instructions, and all I can say is 'wow!'. I love the colours and the designs this month.
2) knit December's Get Knitted Lorna's Laces socks, for Chris. The colour is Christmas Conga, and as soon as I opened the package he claimed them as his colours. He even showed me some other socks in similar colours, which are in his top ten.
3) Finish Chris's Bog Jacket. I'm nearly up to the cast on for the sleeves (he's having long sleeves, not mid-length, so I need to cast on for the rest of the sleeve)
Again (!) my tension is different - back to 14 sts / 4". So this is going to be an *exact* fit! The length is dubious too, as it'll be stretched, so I'm going to have to add another inch to length to make up for this.
I have to order some yellow and rust yarn for the stripes. I'll do it next week, which means I've gone a whole month without buying yarn. I'm in a few clubs, but these are annual clubs, already paid for and I'm not including them in yarn acquisitions.
4) Start another garment! Not sure what yet, but my plan is loosely that I'll start off the year doing chunky, then aran, then dk, then 4ply and back up again to chunky as the weather cools down again. So it's either chunky or aran. Plenty of time to decide, I'll start it after I've finished the BJ.
5) I'm combining SolidSocks and SKA this month - so it's going to be a pink Monkey Toes sock. Probably Eleanor, in Dream in Color Smooshy Cool Fire.
That's all! The Bog Jacket is giving me grief. I'm going to work on this for the rest of the day, see if I can get to the sleeves. Wish me luck, this isn't my most favourite project (I'm picturing Chris in a short, tight bog jacket, with a yellow stripe up the top...)