What's this? It's not even the end of February and I'm blogging my monthly knitting goals? That's because I'm not going to finish any more stuff in February, so I might as well post my knitting for the month a day early.
February Knitting Goals
1) knit february's Mystery blanket squares. Done!
2) knit December's Get Knitted Lorna's Laces socks, for Chris. Not done. These have been stuck at work whilst I've been trying to do other knitting.
3) Finish Chris's Bog Jacket. Not done! That's down to 2 weeks waiting for yarn from J&S and then another week waiting for yarn from Get Knitted. Circumstances beyond my control!
4) Start another garment! Done - but it took me two attempts. My first one, Sigridur from Best of Lopi, was frogged due to tenstion issues. My second one (not really blogged about yet, is Ingenue from Custom Knits. It's a cherry burgundy colour, not as dark as this. It's also knitting up a bit smaller, so the collar, shown here, is not as wide as in the book. It will be folded in half by the way!
5) I'm combining SolidSocks and SKA this month - Eleanor, in Dream in Color Smooshy Cool Fire. Done!
Not good - only 3 out of 5 completed! This month I'm going for 10 things, though some are only quick things (like taking photos and blogging!)
1) finish plain Christmas Congo socks for Chris
2) knit March squares for Mystery Blanket - yarn arrived today, instructions arrived by email tonight!
3) finish Bog Jacket, garment 2 (of 12)
4) finish Ingenue, garment 3
5) start garment 4 (no clue what this will be, yet!)
6) another combinatin of SKA and SolidSocks March knitalongs. Solidsocks colour is green this month, and for SKA challenge I'll either do lace or Cat Bordhi - probably the latter, as I want to try a pattern from her sock book
other knitting and stuff:
7) knit Chris a pair of felted moccasins to replace his worn out ones
8) knit 2 novelty scarves - one is nearly done, but I'll blog about them when they're both done
9) block, take photos and blog about a shawlette which I finished last week
10) Start and finish a smaller project - not sure what just yet. I may not have time, but am committed to doing 10 things for March! I would like to try to use up any odd balls left from this month's other projects.