A bit early, I know, but I can't see me accomplishing any more knitting this month as I'm out gallivanting tonight.
How did I do?
1) finish plain Christmas Congo socks for Chris. Done!
2) knit March squares for Mystery Blanket. Done!
3) finish Bog Jacket, garment 2 (of 12). Done!
4) finish Ingenue, garment 3. finish Twist (change of plan) - not done. Though I'm on the last sleeve and collar (which I would have finished last night if I hadn't misread the instructions and thought I had to do four repeats before changing to a bigger needle).
5) start garment 4. Done! I've not blogged about this yet, but I started (again) Ingenue on Sunday. I've nearly finished the collar. Here's a photo from Sunday - the yarn is cotton angora and is not as bright red as this, though it is bright!
Clickable, so you can see the very simple stitch pattern. It's going to be turned down, which is why it's so long. I'm aiming to knit one more repeat than called for, so that I have an odd number of repeats and the turning edge will be a bit more defined with purl bumps.
6) another combinatin of SKA and SolidSocks March knitalongs. Solidsocks colour is green this month, and for SKA challenge I'll either do lace or Cat Bordhi - probably the latter, as I want to try a pattern from her sock book. Done! Though I scrapped Cat Bordhi and went with Knitspot's Tesserae socks.
other knitting and stuff:
7) knit Chris a pair of felted moccasins to replace his worn out ones. Done!
8) knit 2 novelty scarves. Done!
9) block, take photos and blog about a shawlette which I finished last week. Done!
10) Start and finish a smaller project. Done! I chose to finish some felted clogs which I found in the felting yarn box.
Now for April I think I'll go back to seven goals, though they are quite big goals.
1) Knit my Socktopus socks. This is a six pair, annual sock club. The first package should have been sent out in December, and then roughly alternate months, but the December package turned into a January package, and the second sock club offering is now April. I wonder if there'll be a catch up and we'll get two in one go?? That would be fun, but might throw my knitting goals out of the window!
2) knit April squares for Mystery Blanket. No new squares but some variations.
3) finish Twist, garment 3 of 12
4) finish Ingenue, garment 4
5) start garment 5
6) another combinatin of SKA and SolidSocks April knitalongs. Solidsocks colour is purple and for SKA challenge it's knee socks (probably not!) or under-appreciated socks - any pattern which has 15 projects or less, and has been published before February 09. Mind you, as soon as thousands of SKA knitters discover a pattern it will suddenly become popular!
other knitting and stuff:
7) Seriousy think about a crochet blanket. I have one which I started several months ago, but it's just lying there, unloved. I may do crochet squares! My main problem is the ends and sewing them up, can I bear to do this? Which is why a giant granny square appeals more. Then again, that will become wieldy after a while, so maybe squares are the way to go?Looks like another busy month for knitting!