How did I do?
1) Knit my Socktopus socks. I love the yarn, but didn't like the pattern. I may try the pattern at a future date, because it's intriguing, but not with this yarn. Failure!
2) knit April squares for Mystery Blanket. Success!
4) finish Ingenue, garment 4. Success!
5) start garment 5. Success! It's Primrose Path from Twist Collective.
6) another combinatin of SKA and SolidSocks April knitalongs. Success! I didn't do a SKA pattern this month, (but see below, I might do two in May) and went with purple socks for the SolidSocks kal.
other knitting and stuff:
7) Seriousy think about a crochet blanket. Er, no! This one was left by the wayside. Completely.
I did manage to start some plain socks from Opal vintage yarn. I've a few inches of foot left now, but here's the last photo I took. These are great for boat knitting, where I might read and knit in the evening.
Overall, not bad.
May knitting goals
1) Knit May's Mystery Blanket squares. I haven't had the kit nor the patterns yet, so this will be a surprise.
2) Blog Twist. It's finished, I just need a bright day and a camera.
3) Finish Primrose Path. I've a couple more pattern repeats until I reach the armholes, then I divide for the top bit. It's still a pleasant knit, nearly plain knitting except for the lace pattern which is very simple.
4) Start garment #6. I keep changing my mind. When it's cold and damp I think I might get away with a long sleeved garment (not wool, but a cotton blend) and then when we have sunny days I want to start a short sleeved cardigan! Oh, decisions!
5) SKA - Knitspot pattern.
6) SKA - mystery socks with Yarnissima.
SolidSocks is pastels, and I've set aside some pale blue regia silk, which I'll use for either 5 or 6.
7) Finish Opal vintage plain socks. One to go
8) Get off my backside and knit some single socks for Natalie at the YarnYard. I've been trying all month, but I think the colour I've been carrying along with me is a bit too pale and pink for me, so I've gone back and wound up a different colour. I have a few patterns (free ones) in mind.
That's one blog post (2), five mystery squares (1), one fiinished garment (3), one new garment started (4), two pairs of socks (5 and 6) and two odd socks (7 and 8).
I do love a challenge! We have two holidays in May which adds on knitting time, and I may take a few days off to catch up with holidays.