I've not managed all of my goals, but feel like I've done quite well this month,.
1) Every day for NaBloPoMo. With this post I've succeeded! It's not as hard as I think it will be, I always managed to find some knitting stuff to blog about. I just need to stay organised and fit in a blog post earlier on in the day. So pleased to have done this. Mind you, i have a stack of blogs to read, that's fallen ebehind!
2) Block and blog the 10th shawl for 11shawls2011. Semele. Done!
7) SKA October socks - Winter's Eve. One sock to knit. Fail! I've abandoned these. The yarn wasn't right for the pattern, it needs a yar which shows off the stitches. It took me a whole sock before I acknowledged this!
Start and finish:
13) WoollyWormhead's Mystery Hat KAL. Done!
14) SolidSocks November socks Fail! I would have liked to do this too, as the theme was Autumn and I have some lovely autumnal colours in my sock yarn stash. Too busy on baby things this month.
Start (but possibly not finish):
15) This month's offering from IKL (not just) sock club. Fail! I have ust received the yarn today, but I think I will wait and cast on next month as I have Christmas and baby knitting to do first. It could be something I start after Christmas for myself, as a reward for all this gift knitting!
Overall very pleased. Now if December goes to plan I shall be very leaed again, as there's lots of knitting to do. I'm going to copy and paste December goals as a reminder to myself! I've already started the pink bab cardigan. Babt;s de in a week and it's hovering above ffreezing, with a little bit of snow in Moscow at the moment. Not too harsh weather yet!
1) Early December birth day - a baby ensemble for a baby girl due early December, needs to get to Moscow!
2) By 10th December - Mr C's other birthday present (socks already knitted) - either felted clogs or a voyageur's hat.
3) By 14th (parcel) or 20th (first class) - Christmas presents for Mr C's father (scarf or hat), Miss E (cardigan and hat), new baby T (not yet here! - baby cardigan and hat)
4) By 24th Mr C's Christmas presents (socks and whatever I didn't knit for his birthday)
5) Knitting for ME. A knitting kit to open and start on Christmas day. We always have a very quiet day, just pottering around. All I do is cook the turkey and imbibe, so plenty of time to knit,
n other words
Newborn: one pair of bootees, two cardigans, two hats
Toddler: hat and cardigan
Man: socks, felted clogs, voyaguer's hat, one hat or scarf
Dawn: knitting kit. It's a shoulder cowl :)
That's twelve things. And I bet I cast on a few more!