It's not going well!
By today I thought I'd have completed the knitting of both cardigans, and most of my sock. Instead I haven't even picked up the sock nor Ormond. Just Deco.
Yesterday I knittd the button band. Took a few attempts to pick up the correct number of stitches, because as usual I hadn't made notes, so couldn't remember the rate of pick up (which turned out to be a bit odd!). These bands are wide too, 26 rows!
Once I'd done the button band I sorted out the exact sleeve length. It's coming out a bit tight, so I needed extra length, and have added about half an inch to the cuff. Should it stretch or I decrease, I can always unpick that last half an inch.
Next up, the neckband. This is a slipped stitch 1x1 ribbing. Lots of stitches. By bedtime I had finished the neckband, went to cast off - and realised I hadn't done a buttonhole!
But the good news. I picked it up this morning, and had a look at the buttonhole placement. I had decided all those weeks ago to do the top buttonhole on the body, and leave the neckband as us. Joy! I cast off, darned in ends, gave it a pressing. I just need buttons, its all done!
Here's the finished photo, and it's ot purple, that's the indoor lighting/mobile phone combination.
Now for Ormond! Knit knit, knit.