I just can't resist joining the ravellenic games, especially as it's on our doorstep this year. We keep hearing horror stories about how the capital will grind to a halt with the influx of visitors to the Games,. how the transport system will collapse, even our postman was talking about provisional plans to deliver Special Deliveries between midnight and 4am (hope those are shelved...). I will be attempting to get into work each day, at regular hours regardless. Knitting will keep me sane!
I'v chosen my team, and have gone wtih Team GB, feeling a little patriotic,
The ravellenic games (calling them RG from now on!) will begin with the opening ceremony and end before midnight on 12th August. That's not a lot of knitting time. There are LOADS of events!
I shortlisted them down to 17. Not bad, but I have to work and two of the events would surely take me longer than a day to complete - namely the sweater triathlon and the shawl sailing.
Another cull is necessary!
My second shortlist:
1) baby dressage
2) colourwork cross-country
3) cowl jump
4) hat dash
5) holiday hurdles
6) home stuff hammer throw
7) mitten medley
8) shawl sailing
9) sweater triathlon
In addition to that lot, we have exhibitions, where we can't earn medals, three categories. British Cricket is all things British, Panhellenic Glory, all things Olympic and Yarn Bombing, self explanatory. Not sure I'm up to doing these though!
Projects can be entered into multiple categories, so I could, for intance, knit something for Christmas and include it in another category, such as hat or home stuff. Feels a bit like cheating....
And my final (at the moment) shortlist! Dependent on yarn and pattern selection of course. Some time in July will be spent training!
1) baby dressage. We have an office baby due at the end of the year!
2) cowl jump. Cowls are pretty popular at the moment, there's a stack of them on ravelry.
3) hat dash, have a kit on its way.
4) mitten medley (or fingerless mittsn)
5) home stuff hammer throw. Would love to kit a teacosy but might have to settle for dishcloths
and finally the Big Stuff:
6) Shawl sailing OR Sweater triathlon. There's a Stephen West shawl I wish to knit for a certain Mr C's birthday in December, and I have a yearning to knit another Hey Teach! cardigan. My last one died a death in too hot water!
All i have to do now is wait and look for patterns. Can't wait!