And we're off!
Not such a great start for me on Friday, though. I was so excited about the Opening Ceremony that I didn't cast on until about 10.30, and by that time I was a litte bit merry on fizzy wine! When I picked up my kintting on Saturday the corrugated ribbing looked pretty messy, so the whole thing was frogged and restarted. And restarted again. Third time lucky.
(that was the ravellenic training)
Sunday I knitted a second one! I had to reknit most of the hand part as I missed off three rows of chart (how?) but still, a great start to the Ravellenics.
Pattern: Ingrid's Swedish Mitts
Started: 28th July
Finished: 29th July
Yarn: Renaissance Dyers Organic Dorset Poll
For the first row of corrugated ribbing I did K1M, K1C instead of K1M, P1C to eliminatd the purl bumps on that first row.
For the 1x1 ribbing on the thumb and hand I did the K! as K1tbl as I'm such a messy 1x1 ribber.
If I were to knit these again I'd change the placement of thumbs with regards to the start of the round. I'd centre the thumbs on the start of the round or halfway through. I used magic loop and there was a noticeable line, especially on the ribbing. I've pressed them excessively and I can still see the line!
The pattern has left and right hand thumb placements, but the pattern on the thumb is not symmetrical. I'd probably think about this a bit more should I knit them again. Overall though I love them, I really love this yarn, it does great colourwork. This is the third kit I've ordered!
Now for the difficult part - posting to the ravellenic finishing post!