I think I can safely say that my 2012 resolutions were largely ignored.
1) 12 garments in 2012. Fail! Only managed six. In June I just had had enough, and decided that six was plenty. No garment knitting mojo since then.
2) 12 knits for hands. Fail! Only managed six.
3) 12 knits for feet. Fail! Only managed nine.
4) 12 knits for heads. Success! I managed thirteen! I had a bit of a hat mania in the last two months of the year.
5) 12 Other Things. Success! I managed thirteen. A bit of help there, with several baby sized garments.
6) Beekeepers Quilt will be finished. Fail. And frogged. I just couldn't handle the hexipuffs.
7) Stash busting. Fail! It started so well, but sadly I've lapsed a bit. I have no self-control.
Seven goals, just two met. I obviously don't do well when planning projects in January. Things change, moods change, the weather changes, and these affect what I want to knit. I thought I'd knit 60 things last year, managed 47.
Never mind, failure has never put me off!
Over the New Year break I rummaged through the 4ply sock stash. This doesn't include 4ply packs of yarn, which I want to use for garments (some time!), just the single skeins of 'sock' yarns and my shetland oddball stash (handy for hands and head knits).
I piled it on the sofa and took grainy mobile indoor photos. It took about five minutes to take the photos and the whole of the day to put them back in their boxes! But I managed to do a quick skein count as I put stuff back in boxes.
This photo shows the German sock yarn (harldy any self striping skeins left). shetland stash and single skeins sock stash. I've stopped using those skeins which have no nylon content for socks, which means I have a lot of non-sock-knitting sock yarn! Total approximate weight for this lot is 11.5kg! That's 11500g of yarn. Yikes.
This second photo shows the Wollmeise, Koigu and Lorna's Laces, plus some kauni and a few other 4plys. Total weight - 8.5kg, 8500g! I forgot to metion that I may have other 4ply in the shawl stash!
You can see where this is heading ....
This year's resolutions will be all about 4ply/sock busting. I've joined several groups on ravelry which have KALs or Stash Busting. One group, Stash Knit Down, have a Sigma 13 thread. A bit like the 12 Days of Christmas. I've thought up my own Sigma 13. I'm not going to attempt to knit 91 things, there is overlap!
12 KALs from Ravelry, Maybe not every month, but I'm hoping that there'll be 12 I'm interested in throughout the year.
11 Patterns from my ravelry librarry. A bit of pattern-busting going on as well! I've also tidied up the queue.
10 pairs of socks/slippers.
8 Christmas gifts
6 Baby knits
5 Knits for home - this will include things like Christmas decorations, dishcloths and tea cosies.
4 Garments - including sleeveless ones
3 Shawls/scarves. The double knit Bubbles scarf is included, should I finish it!
That's either 59 or 60 projects, depending on whether I overlap Babette with the blnakets. As I couldn't even manage 50 this year it's a challenge and should also decrase the 4ply stash! Especially if I knit a 4ply garment!
Happy and healthy New Year !