Mr C uses a hot water bottle over at the boat. It's like an ice box in winter! This hot water bottle has a cover. He bought one for home and has been asking me to knit a cover for it for a few months now. He can't put his feet on the bottle!
The yarn's Yarn Yard superwash merino dk. I originally thought I'd knit a plain green one, but quickly got bored and started with some red stripes. I used Judy's Magic C at the bottome, inclreased every othre row at each side and then knitted plain until I hit the 'shoulders' where I started decreased.
I really hadn't given this much thhough. i decreased every row until I was ready for the ribbed polo neck. Only then did I try to fit the bottle in and couldn't!
So I spent an hour frogging back and restarted the shoulders. When MrC came back from his walk and I told him about my problem he laughed and said that it WOULD go in - you just need to empty all air out of the bottle and roll it up! Anyway, I did a 1x1 ribbing and it's done.
Not blocked :)
If I were to knit this again, I might consider knitting it from the top down and working one of those fold over bottoms (as in pillow cases). It would make it much easier to get on and off. Thought it means more knitting and I'm not sure how frequently people wash their hot water bottle covers!