I ought to have clled these the Socks of Doom. They took a lot of knitting, Probably two pairs of socks worth.
I reknitted one leg a few times - kept dropping stitches and wasn't hapy with how they were picked up.
Attempted to knit Vanilla is the new nlack heel. Failed on the turning of the heel at least twice, and frogged the whole heel each time. I eventually went of r a short row heel, but even this was disastrous, large holes!! I'm leaving these as is. From past experience, where I've has holes in short row heels - especially the Priscilla Gibson-Roberts version which has a hole at each end of the short rows - that these holes are much less noticeable after a few machine washes.
Grafting the toe, Ended up trapping the yarn tail, couldn't free it and not enough length to finish the grafting, so had to cut one of the strands of yarn to finish.
THEN DID THE SAME THING WEAVING INT HE YARN END ON THE LEG!
AND the second leg was 1.5" shorter than the first!
I started these in Feburary, and finished them in March - which is when I was feeling poorly and couldn't concentrate. I nearly threw them out, but mrC insisted o keeping them. he says that they fit great and that the uneven leg lengths don't seem to unbalance him :)