I have finally, finally finished Babette! Unfortunately the photos are rubbish! I tried to get some shots over the weekend, but my mobile has gone the same way as my camera, seems to overexpose unless I get close. Oh well, you get the gist.
I used the remnants from Groovyghan, Stylecraft Special DK ACRYLIC. Which works out fine for crochet blankets. I had to buy extra balls of yarn, some colours which I'd used more than others in the Groovyghan. Turquoise, red, yellow orange...
Instead of plain trebles, I did granny squares, clusters of three trebbles. Much easier to do and less fiddly on the corners, crocheting into spaces!
This was started in September, and finished in Gebruary, as part of the ravellenic games. It has been sitting in a bag in the living room for months. I nearly lost motivation but am so pleased to have finished at last. The sewing up of the squares, and darning of the ends very nearly killed me! But I'm so pleased to have a Babette at long last!
I may have more in my future, just not for a while! I'd really like to try one in more subtle colours, and 4ply. I once crocheted a koigu square. Blocked out wonderfully. That's what wool has over acrylic.