My final Ravellenic Games knitting!
I thnk I should mention that these were taken in a hurry just before leaving for work this morning. I have tried to steam them a bit (on a hand towel as I couldn't be bothered to get the ironing board out!) but it needs a good wash as I managed to dunk it into my tea at some stage!
Pattern: Ella Funt
Started: August 1st
Finished: August 12th
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, in pink (4 balls), white, and oddments of a dark grey-blue, turquoise and purple.
Needles: 3mm and 2.5mm for the borders.
Mods: Winged it with the sleeves as the schematic and written instructions give different sleeve lengths, astounding with over 400 projects on ravelry!
I frogged the front borders and reknitted them. The pattern has garter stitch borders, but the stretch and the button placement meant that they gaped terribly around the yoke. And looked odd as the neckband, bottom and cuffs are all 2x2 ribbing.
It looks MUCH better with 2x2 ribbed front borders. I decreased the button spacing and used a 3 stitch one row buttonhole instead of the smaller yo k2tog (the only available buttons I had were a bit big for this smaller buttonhole). Those elephants are cute though and I'cd certainly do this again, just keep in mind my mods.