I'm trying to knit a stashbuster project each month. This month's stashbuster is All Seasons Cotton for the Scoop du jour cardigan. As I didn't start this until about the 10th, I'm having to devote rather a lot of time to it, instead of doing my usual and flitting between projects. Just so not me. My weekly goal was to knit one sleeve and one front this week. And I did it! By Dr Who time (did you see it this week, very scary!) I was casting off the sleeve.
So that leaves me free to play for the rest of the weekend.
Bias knitted waistcoat in Colinette from the UFO pile
This is from the Module Magic book, and is a sideways view (looked pretty uninteresting as a strip, much nicer showing the colours, though they aren't true on my monitor, of course). Left back finished. Put away again (I dislike knitting with bulky yarns, and can only work on them for a few hours at a time).
Picked up the Shoalwater shawl again last night. It's really been bugging me that I have no lace knitting on at the moment. This had died a death, I'm afraid, but fortunately, I'd left it on the needles, and after working out which row I was on I've been knitting away on this for a few hours today. Love the reds and greys on this. I wish that I'd used a bigger needle though, rather than going for a US 7. This laceweight is thick laceweight! Never mind, the old shale pattern is showing the variagated yarn to good effect, probably more important than having larger yos. It should block out as well.
Looking good! Notice the long denise needle - it's a 40" cable bought from elann.