As the Olympics, and Ravellenic Games draw closer, I'm getting into finishing mode.
Madrigal has been on the needles for far too long. I don't think it was wise to consider working in navy yarn! When I've gone wrong with the pattern (not a difficult lace pattern either) the stitches have ran like mad and I've ended up tinking back dozens of rows of the pattern (rather than puling the whole thing off the needles and frogging to that point).
The cuff of the first sleeve has taken me a week! I found lots of other more interesting things to do than knit on Madrigal. I finally finished it on Saturday, gritted my teeth and picked up sts for the second sleeve (in lamplight). Sunday lunchtime I had finished the short row section (after another mssive tinking session) and was working on the sleeve.
It doesn't look like much progress, but here's photo from this morning, just 28 rows to go before the 3" cuff.
yeah, I'll have to twek those buttons before the big photo session to make them line up!!
I am not that happy with this cardigan, more to do with my yarn choice than the pattern though. This is a 4ply yarn which is lovely knitted to tension, but knitting at 24sts to 10cms makes it a bit loose and sloppy, ok with some yarns, not really with this one. And where I've picked up stitches has made the edges stretch out. I'm going to give it a hot wash after completion, see if I can minimise some of the loose stitches. Yes, I'll wear it but probably not in knitting company!